Adding the effect.
Use ‘CMYK Halftone‘ is easy. Select the camera you’re going to use (usually called ‘Main Camera‘) in the ‘Hierarchy‘ editor window (1), then click on ‘Add Component‘ button in the ‘Inspector‘ window (2).
Now you can select the effect in two different ways. The first way is using the search field and write ‘Ascii‘, then select the effect (1). The second way is select the category ‘Image Effects‘, and finally ‘CMYK Halftone‘ (2).
Setting the effect.
‘CMYK Halftone‘ is easy to adjust.
- The strength of the effect [0.0 – 1.0]
- Pattern dots size [0.1 – 20.0].
- Pattern angle [0.0 – 360.0].
- Brightness of the pattern [0.0 – 5.0].
Frequently Asked Questions.
- CAN I USE THE FREE VERSION (PERSONAL EDITION) OF UNITY3D?
Yes, since the version 5 of Unity, this package works both free and pro version.
- WHAT VERSION OF UNITY SHOULD I NEED?
You need the version 5 or higher.
- DOES IT NEED ANY SPECIAL HARDWARE?
‘CMYK Halftone‘ needs a GPU that supports Shader Model 3.0 or higher. At desktop PCs, any card compatible with DirectX 9.0c are supported (ATI Radeon HD2000 or higher, Nvidia GeForce 8 (8xxx) Series or higher or Intel GM965 or higher). In generall, any device with a decent GPU after the 2009 should work.
- WORKS WITH HDR? AND WITH DIRECTX 11? DEFERRED LIGHTING? LINEAR LIGHTING?
Yes x 4.
- INCLUDES SOURCE CODE?
Yes, all source code is included (also shaders).